Welcome to another TMI Tuesday. This week’s topic is dating. Even if you are not single or dating you can easily answer the questions as if you are single and dating. It’s fun, enjoy!
1. You’re on a speed date. You’ve got 7 minutes with the potential partner. You already know the person’s name. What are the first three questions you would ask? This is difficult for me. I don't really think of myself as one who's very good at small talk or creating a dialog, so let's see...What do I want to know about you? (voice over)
What kinds of things do you like to do? If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? and If you could do anything you want without fear of being caught, what would you do?
2. Have you ever participated in speed dating? Did you get a regular date/second date out of it? I have not ever participated in speed dating (at least not in this context)...No, can't say that I ever got a regular/second date out of it either (and not too sure I'd have wanted to.) ;)
3. Do you participate in online dating? How many dates have you had as a result of online dating sites/matches? I wouldn't say that I have done much for online dating, but I can say that my husband as taken on my persona to find us dates. We have met quite a few people over the years (some more memorable than others). I don't think I could count the number of people we have met do to 'my' online 'dating' practices.
4. You are attracted to:
a. Who people are? I am going to have to go with who people are. You are either genuine or not. You really can't fake who you are. b. What people have? c. What they can do?
5. What “little red flag” will cause you to end a date or immediately decide this person isn’t for you? Kindness. You can tell if a person is kind when you meet. It's the way they smile or carry themselves.
6. What do you feel you need to sacrifice or have sacrificed to be a part of a relationship? I'm not really sure you should have to sacrifice anything. You should be able to be yourself, speak your mind and enjoy the person you're with. If you are not happy, then it's not worth it.
7. If you cooked for your date, what would you cook? Here the possibilities are endless...I suppose that would depend on what my date liked to eat. Nothing too fancy. Probably some type of pasta dish (not spaghetti - too ordinary) or maybe grilled steak with baked potatoes and a nice green salad, or maybe a quick stir-fry, or... No matter what is was it would be accompanied by flirtatious innuendo and perhaps a bit of wine.
8. At the end of a first date, how would you kiss your date? This would all depend on just how well the date went... a. Press your lips against theirs - this indicates the date went well and I'd like to do it again b. Gentle kiss on the cheek - to me this is a gentle blow off (unless you are very young and just beginning your dating life) c. Lots o’ tongue, like you’re on a tonsil exploration - You are too cute for words, I'm drunk and very horny, take me now! (doesn't happen very often, but when it does - WOW) d. I don’t kiss on the first date - Um...
Bonus: You just put up a profile on a dating site. You must describe yourself in 10 words or less. What are your 10 words? Holy Cow - what a question...let me think...An attractive, fun-loving woman who enjoys new experiences.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblogfrom your website!